Saturday, December 25, 2004

Those weren't roman candles...

It was food poisoning. Probably from the vanilla frosting we left out on the counter for two days, I guess you're supposed to refrigerate it. So I was up all night puking my guts out. Damn dry heaves are the worst. And the next day wasn't much better. I actually went along with the family on a 5-mile hike. I almost died.

Today -- Christmas -- was much better. Got Napoleon Dynamite from Jack, which is sweet! And some other stuff, too. "A History of the American People," by Paul Johnson. Looks really good.

I don't know why I can't read book sanymore. I think I usaed to be able to just sit down and read. Now it's like I get bored or something. Like I feel compelled to do something else, like watch t.v. or eat or.... something. I don;t know. Maybe it's like with video games. I'd always play the entire game through, ven stopping to build up my stats and collect all the secret characters or plot holes and whatnot. BUt then, every time I reached the final dungeon, I'd just stop. Would never finish. Every RPG. I don;t know whether I just didn't want the game to end, or if I just got bored or what. But I wouldn;t finish.

I think I'm like that in more ways than one. Like my Analytical Reporting class. I just never finished. Or my whole TM thing in South Carolina. I never turned in those papers. Didn't finish. I don't know what I'm talking about. Forget it.

Watched Magnolia the other day. It really made me want to do more films. I loved the intro, when the flower bloomed alon with the music, and we saw the lives of all the characters while the song was playing. And then later, when all the characters one by one started singing along to the song. That was cool. I don't know why I don't want to finish the New Year's Eve video. It's not even a question of finishing, either, I just dont want to start. Like I know its not going to be good or somerting.

Man, this is easy. There's no one to talk back.

I might seriously try this puzzle thing. I started making these Cryptic Crosswords. They're really fun, although the coolest thing is watching the padres actually do them. I feel like such a nerd though making them. It would be cool to get published in the New Yorker though.

Flying back to The Woodlands tomorrow. Be there til the 3rd, then I fly back to Chicago. It might be a while before I'm back in Texas again. When will I see Michele? What should I say to her this week? I don't know. Probably nothing.

Merry Christmas to all..... ha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home